WROW is kind of an interesting case. They’ve been on the air for 74 years and haven’t changed positions on the dial in all that time. They do, however, simulcast on WROW-FM at 100.5 as "Magic 590 AM and 100.5 FM." They broadcast a Soft Oldies format with the occasional Adult Standard. And, for those of you who are into this sort of thing (like I am), they are the Primary Entry Point for Northeastern New York for the Emergency Alert System. Here’s their Top Ten for January 24, 1959.
NOTE: Since I just end up copying the information on the songs from Wikipedia, and I’ve done nearly all these songs, I’ll just list them.
- Connie Francis, “My Happiness”
- The Teddy Bears, “I Dont Need You Anymore”
- The Flamingos, “Lovers Never Say Goodbye”
- The Bell Notes, “I’ve Had It”
- The Kalin Twins, “It’s Only The Beginning”
- Linda Laurie, “Ambrose (Part 5)”
- Ritchie Valens, “Donna”
- Mitch Miller, “The Children’s Marching Song (Nick Nack Paddy Whack)”
- The Crests, “Sixteen Candles”
- Bill Parsons, “All-American Boy”
And that’s Top Ten Tuesday for January 25, 2022.