Is it that greatest shows have the most memorable theme songs, or is it the other way around? My Two For Tuesday this week has me thinking about TV theme songs, so I wanted to do a list of ten memorable themes. This is, by no means, an exhaustive list; that’s why this is “Part 1.” Nor is it necessarily in any particular order. And I won’t use the two I did the other day.
- Park Avenue Beat (Theme from “Perry Mason”), Dick DeBenedictis
- Theme from “Bonanza”, Ray Evans and Jay Livingston
- Theme from “Gunsmoke”, Rex Koury and Glenn Spencer
- Theme from “The Dick Van Dyke Show”, Earle Hagen
- “I Love Lucy”, Eliot Daniel and Harold Adamson
- Theme from “Dallas”, Jerrold Immel
- Theme from “Hawaii Five-O”, Morton Stevens
- Theme from “The Andy Griffith Show”, Erle Hagen and Herbert W. Spencer
- Theme from “Peter Gunn”, Henry Mancini
- Theme from “Batman”, Neal Hefti
And that was your Thursday Ten.
What is your favorite TV theme? Leave me a comment…