I did Part 1 of this series back in May. At the time, I
threatened you with promised you another part later. So, here’s Part 2, and there will likely be a Part 3 and 4 and … Today’s list reflects two days of watching MeTV and Antenna TV; now that we no longer have cable, it’s what we’ve been able to pick up with rabbit ears.
Again, these are in no particular order.
- Theme from “Mr. Lucky”, Henry Mancini
- Theme from “The Green Hornet”, Al Hirt (based on “The Flight of the Bumblebee” by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov)
- “Yakety Sax,” James Q. “Spider” Rich and Homer “Boots” Randolph III (Theme from “The Benny Hill Show”) – not technically the theme, but the song everyone associates with the show.
- Theme from “Hogan’s Heroes,” Jerry Fielding (sung by Ivan Dixon, Richard Dawson, Robert Clary, and Larry Hovis from the cast)
- Theme from “All In The Family,” Lee Adams and Charles Strouse (with additional lyrics; includes “Remembering You,” which played over the credits.)
- “Welcome Back” (theme from “Welcome Back, Kotter”), John Sebastian
- “Angela” (Theme from “Taxi”), Bob James
- “Where Everybody Knows Your Name (Theme from “Cheers”), Gary Portnoy and Judy Hart Angelo
- Theme from “Bewitched,” Howard Greenfield and Jack Keller
- Theme from “The Mod Squad,” Earle Hagen
And that’s The Thursday Ten for August 14, 2014.