A shameless plug for the Blogging From A To Z April Challenge. I know most of you are planning on participating, but for the rest of you, if you’ve never participated in the Challenge, here’s the idea:
- Your post on April 1 is based on a word that starts with the letter “A.”
- Your post on April 30 is based on a word that starts with the letter “Z.”
- Each day, Monday through Saturday, the subject of your post starts with each successive letter of the alphabet. April 3 is “B,” April 4 is “C” etc.
- A theme for your daily posts, one that ties all of them together, is encouraged, but not required. For example, my first year, I used the words of the NATO spelling alphabet, while last year my words were portmanteaus. Some people write a story, using a word starting with the letter of the day to start the post. But it’s not required; a couple of years ago, I just wrote blog posts using random words that started with the letters. A theme is more fun, though, as I learned from that year.
- In the past, we kept a Linky list where people could sign up to do the Challenge, but this year, we’re doing things a bit differently: There will be a letter-of-the-day post on the Challenge blog, to which you can leave a link to your daily post in the comments. We also encourage participants to use the tag #atozchallenge in their posts and to share those links to Facebook and Twitter.
- The object of the Challenge is to visit and comment on other blogs, and to have other bloggers visit and comment on yours. Many of the blogs I follow belong to people I met on the Challenge. It’s a great opportunity to expand your horizons as a blogger and get publicity for your blog.
The A to Z Challenge is the brainchild of Arlee Bird, a frequent visitor to this blog and proprietor of the blog Tossing It Out. This is my sixth year as a participant and second (or third, maybe?) as a co-host.
This coming Monday, March 20, is the Great Theme Reveal for the Challenge, when participants reveal their theme, if they have one. The Challenge starts on Saturday, April 1, two weeks from Saturday. Hope to see you there!
One-Liner Wednesday is brought to you each week by Linda Hill and this station. Now a word from Post Alpha-Bits cereal, now with brown sugar frosting!