So, you wanna know what I’ve been up to this week?
- I did our state and local taxes. I used the H&R Block tax software, as I have for the last several years. No refund, but I don’t have to pay anything, either.
- I went to the periodontist yesterday. The implant that they put in after they pulled my tooth last summer has sufficiently set in there that he can remove the “healing cap” that he placed on the implant and replace it with a cap that will hold my new false tooth. I haven’t missed having a tooth there, and frankly I’d just as soon leave it empty. Dealing with my regular dentist has been a comedy of errors, with the dentist who has been working on this project having left to go into private practice, and I have my doubts about the new dentist (who looks like he just got out of dental school) being able to continue what she had been doing.
- I got my new state ID today. I haven’t driven since my stroke, and it seemed kind of pointless to renew my driver’s license, so I surrendered that and have a temporary ID, with the new ID arriving some time in the next two weeks.
- I’ve written about half the entries for this year’s A to Z Challenge. I’m in excellent position to have all of them finished well in advance of April 1, when the Challenge begins. It’s the highlight of my blogging year.
- I created a new email account for the Challenge, because no one can remember the password from last year. The new one is firstname.lastname@example.org, in case you were wondering.
- I had my teeth cleaned. Not a huge thing, but it’s something.
- I finished the Two Dots weekly Treasure Hunt in about two hours. Every Thursday, they come out with a seven-level challenge that earns you a badge, like this one that I won last week. Notice that I was the 4,541st person to complete the treasure hunt worldwide. To be honest, I’m starting to get bored with Two Dots, mostly because they can’t come up with new levels in the regular game fast enough to keep up with me.
- And I kept my streak of consecutive days of blogging intact. That’s 1,347 days straight. I haven’t figured out what the average number of words per day is, but if today is a typical one, it would average about 400 words a day, so I’ve written over half a million words over that period.
Not bad, huh?