Barbara over at Teleporting Weena put one of those things I like to call “quizzies” on her blog, this one about high school. Looked like fun. Anyone who wants to do it is more than welcome to.
Think about your SENIOR year in High School. The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!
I graduated in 1974 from New Trier West High School in beautiful Northfield, Illinois, across the street from a Mystik Tape plant. We were the Cowboys, because New Trier East was the Indians (this was before political correctness). The two schools merged and they’re now called the Trevians, after the people who inhabited the area around Trier, Germany.
- Did you know your current significant other? Not yet. I met her at Loyola University in 1976.
- Make and year of car? I didn’t drive until I was in my late 20’s. My driver’s ed teacher convinced me I could never drive a car. As a driver’s ed instructor, he was a good football coach.
- What kind of job? Produce clerk at one of the major supermarket chains. At least until December 1973, when I quit. I really sucked at that job.
- Where did you live? Northfield, about a mile away from school.
- Were you popular? Not especially. I had my friends.
- Were you in choir? No.
- Ever get suspended from school? Yes. Long story.
- If you could, would you go back? Hell, no.
- Still talk to the person that you went to prom with? I don’t think we were even speaking to each other by the time we went to prom.
- Did you skip school? No.
- Go to all the football games? I went to one in my three years there (I went somewhere else in freshman year).
- Favorite subject? Chemistry.
- Do you still have your yearbooks? A couple of them.
- Did you follow the career path you planned? I didn’t really have any career plans other than a half-assed notion about being a musician.
- Did you have a class ring? No.
- Still close with your best friend? He comments here sometimes.
- Who was your favorite teacher? Mrs. Billhymer in junior year English. She was gorgeous. I took a class from her husband when I went to college.
- What was your style? Jeans, flannel shirts, t-shirts.
- Favorite shoes? Desert boots or chukka boots.
- Favorite music? Rock and blues.
- High school Hair? As long as I could get away with. I parted it on the side and had this enormous cowlick in front. In college I realized I could brush it back and the cowlick would disappear. Duh.
- What kind of cologne/perfume? None.
- How old when graduated? 18
- Did you play a sport? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thud.