Thought it might be good to follow up on some of the artists that I’ve profiled here and introduce a couple you might not have heard of.
- Leonid & Friends, “Spinning Wheel” Having conquered the Chicago catalog, they’ve moved on to cover Blood Sweat & Tears. Lead singer Vasily sounds like Russia’s answer to David Clayton-Thomas.
- Maneli Jamal, “El Cielo in Zihua” Maneli has been moving right along, this time adding a little flamenco styling.
- Tina Guo, “God Of War Main Theme” Tina’s been traveling a lot, and I think she and her fiancé have set a date. Hasn’t affected her cello or erhu playing, and she’s still quite attractive.
- Lari Basilio, “Five-Two” Here Lari is demonstrating a new set of Seymour Duncan pickups, but as you can tell, she’s still sounding great.
- Covet featuring Yvette Young, “Falkor” Yvette and Covet are still out there cranking along. She took time early this year to go play the guitar in the snow.
- Angelina Jordan, “Shield” Angelina is 13 now, and still has a remarkable voice. She’s also writing some songs, including “Shield,” which she came out with late last year. She’s finding her own voice, and what a voice it is.
- Jamie Dupuis, “Only Time” Jamie’s keeping on keeping on, mastering the harp guitar. This is a beautiful cover of a beautiful Enya song.
- Emil Ernebro, “Misty” One of our new artists, although he’s been around for a while and has a sizable library on YouTube, about half of which is recordings of songs, the other half being instructional videos. Emil is from Denmark and interprets songs of all genres, such as his reading of Errol Garner’s “Misty.”
- Lindsey Stirling, “Roundtable Rival I think I did a song of Lindsey’s a while ago, and said at that time I should feature her. Few have mastered the art of dancing and playing the violin like she has, and like Tina Guo she takes a rock attitude to a classical instrument.
- Ruby Jay, “Young Love” You might have seen Ruby Jay as Holly Hobbie on Hulu, and you’ll definitely see her this fall in the new CBS show The Unicorn. I’m very impressed by her: at 14, she’s an actress, model, dancer, singer and songwriter. When I was 14 I was tripping over my own feet.
And that’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for June 17, 2019. We love you, Marie, and hope you’ll be back with us soon!