The instructions for this week are to write out the instructions for something I know how to do. For some reason, all I can think of is this Monty Python sketch.
Did one of your teachers ever give you a test like this one?
This quiz tests how well you can follow instructions. You may use either pen or pencil to complete it. Be sure and read all the instructions before proceeding.
1. Write your name in the lower left-hand corner of the page..
2. On the first line on the paper write the numbers 1 through 9. Start at the left and print the numbers. Leave a space between each number.
3. Circle the number 6.
4. Draw a star in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
5. Draw a triangle around this instruction number and underline this instruction.
6. Turn the paper over and draw five squares, one in the middle and one in each corner of the paper.
7. Turn the paper back over and fold it in half the long way.
8. Open up your paper, then fold it the opposite way.
9. Use the tip of your pen or pencil to poke a hole in the center of the paper (the place where the two folds meet).
10. Draw a heart around the hole you made in your paper.
11. Stand up and turn around three times, then sit back down.
12. Write the time in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
13. Look out the window and write whether it’s sunny or cloudy outside.
14. Look at the person next to you and write whether he or she is left- or right-handed here: _______________
15. In the lower right-hand corner of the page, write the word done.
16. Now that you’ve read all the instructions, just do #1.
The amazing thing is that, no matter how many times someone sees this, there will always be a few people who’ll be standing up and turning around, looking at the clock, and punching a hole in the paper.
Maybe this wasn’t exactly what Linda had in mind, but when has that ever stopped me?
Stream of Consciousness Saturday is brought to you each week by Linda Hill and this station. Now a word about Toast’em Animals. For a limited time, on specially marked boxes of Toast’em Animals, free wild and funny Hot Spots that glow in the dark!
Anyone remember these? I don’t…