It’s time once again for Share Your World! Melanie B Cee has all the rules and pingbacks, in case you’d like to play along. Here are this week’s questions and answers:
- What’s something your brain tries to make you do, which you have to will yourself NOT to do? A lot, but a big one is overeat. Maybe the biggest one, although Mary helps me keep it under control.
- When someone finds out what you do, or where you are from, what question do they always ask you? No one’s asked me that in a while, mostly because (a) I’m retired and (b) I’ve lived here now more than half my life. Back in the mid-’80’s, when people would ask me what I did, and I told them I work with computers, they would start asking questions about why their Apple II was doing something, or what a message that came up on their TRS-80 meant. I had no idea, since I had never seen those machines before except in pictures and never actually sat and played with them, I couldn’t answer their questions. Finally I just told them I acted in porno movies. That stopped the questions.
- What’s something terrifying that we’ve all come to accept as a fact of life? That thanks to the Internet there are people who we don’t know who know more about us than we know about ourselves.
- Should governments make laws to protect people from harming themselves? As if it’s worked that well whenever they’ve tried it (e.g. Prohibition, the Drug War). They have no idea what they’re doing, and the frightening thing is that they think they do. They can hardly get done what they are supposed to do. And we get the bill for it.
- Please share your gratitude for this past week in the form of a photo, a quote or a thought. How about a song? Neil Diamond, "Thank the Lord for the Nighttime."
See you in the funny papers!