Well, that was fun: another A to Z Challenge done and dusted! This was my tenth Challenge, and it won’t be my last, barring unforeseen circumstances.
This year, I chose a more ambitious theme: in the spirit of Top Ten Tuesday, my weekly exercise where I take a radio station survey from the past and recreate it, I decided to do a survey for each day of the A to Z Challenge, using the radio station call letters (or, in several cases, the name of the radio station) to select a station for the day. Everyone seemed to like the results, and I have to say it’s given me a sense of accomplishment.
I did very little preparation ahead of time, meaning that I wrote a lot of the posts during the month (sometimes the day before) rather than getting all of them done before April 1. This left me less time than I would have liked to go explore new blogs. Even after deciding to put several of my regular features on hiatus during the month, I felt rushed, as though I had so much to do and not enough time to do it in. Looks like I’ll be taking the road trip again, starting in my own backyard, i.e. the people whose blogs I read regularly anyway.
I enjoy being a member of the "team" that puts on the challenge every year:
- Jeremy, who did all the graphics, which were particularly nice this year. A great way to thank him would be to buy a t-shirt.
Looking forward to working with y’all again next year!
So, my goals for next year:
- Choose a simpler theme. Maybe no theme…
- Get everything finished before April 1.
- Do much more visiting and exploring.
Thanks to everybody who participated in the Challenge this year. See you in the funny papers!
My posts for this year’s challenge:
- Thursday: WABC (770 AM, New York, NY), 10/23/65
- Friday: KBBB (1600 AM, Borger TX), 8/4/58
- Saturday: WCFL (1000 AM Chicago IL), 2/21/76
- Monday: KDKA (1020 AM, Pittsburgh, PA), 7/2/71
- Tuesday: WEEI-FM (103.3 FM, Boston, MA), 3/7/83
- Wednesday: KFI (640 AM Los Angeles, CA), 7/6/81
- Thursday: WGN (720 AM, Chicago, IL), 5/23/53
- Friday: CHUM (1050 AM, Toronto ON), 6/22/64
- Saturday: KIMN (950 AM, Denver, CO), 5/4/74
- Monday: WJJD (1160 AM, Chicago, IL), 3/25/57
- Tuesday: WKBH (1410 AM La Crosse, WI), 9/17/62
- Wednesday: WLS (890 AM, Chicago, IL), 1/26/85
- Thursday: KMVI (550 AM, Kahului HI), 4/12/71
- Friday: 2NX (1341 AM, Newcastle, NSW), 4/11/75
- Saturday: KOMA (1520 AM, Oklahoma City OK), 10/5/72
- Monday: WPAR (1450 AM, Parkersburg WV), 3/8/68
- Tuesday: WQXI (94.1 FM Atlanta GA), 1/11/80
- Wednesday: KRLA (1110 AM, Los Angeles), 5/19/63
- Thursday: Springbok Radio (Johannesburg, South Africa), 6/4/65
- Friday: WTIC (1080 AM, Hartford, CT), 8/29/53
- Saturday: KUCR (88.3 FM, Riverside, CA), 10/20/67
- Monday: Radio Veronica (Hilversum, The Netherlands), 6/29/68
- Tuesday: WWGO (1450 AM, Erie, PA), 4/27/64
- Wednesday: XEROK (800 AM Ciudad Juarez, Mexico), 8/2/74
- Thursday: KYME (740 AM Boise ID), 7/16/66
- Friday: WZGC (92.1 FM Atlanta GA), 4/20/84