Cathy, our regular host that’s also this month’s guest host, picked out a tough one: "in honor of National Compliment Day, pick songs that offer a nice compliment to your readers or dance partners." Then she says in her post, "When I decided on my themes months ago, it sounded like a good idea but I never imagine how hard it would be until I began looking for songs and so I apologize to you if you struggled with this one, too."
Well, after struggling with this all day, I decided "screw this noise," and unilaterally changed the assignment to "make an acrostic playlist on the word ‘compliment’." Enjoy!
- "Crazy Mama," J. J. Cale
- "Open Your Heart," Madonna
- "Moonlight Feels Right," Starbuck
- "Poinciana," Manhattan Transfer
- "La Vie En Rose," Avalon Jazz Band
- "I’m A Loser," Vince Guaraldi with Bola Sete
- "Mony Mony," Tommy James & The Shondells
- "Easy Livin’," Uriah Heep
- "Never My Love," The Association
- "Time Is Tight," Booker T. & The MG’s
And that, with my compliments, is Monday’s Music Moves Me for January 24, 2022.