This edition of The Week That Was is sponsored by Oscar Mayer All-Meat Wieners.
Happy Heavenly Birthday to Thurl Ravenscroft, who would be 108 years old today. In the commercial, he does the voice of the short singer with the deep voice.
A good week here. Rainy toward the end of it, but sunny and clear on Satuday afternoon, which is when I’m writing this.
You might have seen the sad announcement on the A to Z Challenge Blog that Jeremy, the guy responsible for our graphics for the Challenge, passed away earlier this year because of Covid-19. We’re currently running a badge contest for this year’s Challenge. If you have the time, talent, and inclination to do so, read the linked article and design what you consider to be a good badge for this year’s challenge for a chance to have it represent the 2022 A to Z Challenge. Hurry, the contest closes February 12.
We’ve been discussing what to do about the individual letters that mark the posts for each day of the Challenge, e.g.
Some of us had the idea of using whatever letters you have as a tribute to Jeremy, but there’s some debate over whether that might confuse some people who read but don’t participate, thinking that the date on the badge might confuse them. Your thoughts on this would be most appreciated.
The other day, I discovered that the pass-thru from the A to Z Challenge blog to the simulcast blog on WordPress wasn’t working properly. I think I have it fixed, but you might want to check both places for a couple of weeks.
Thankfully, both Bloganuary and Just Jot It January have finished. I’ll be doing the latter next year, assuming Linda holds it. Bloganuary? Not so much.
Not really much else to report here, so let’s get on with
- Song Lyric Sunday: Two By Mancini and Mercer (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- #Bloganuary: You Have Got To Be Kidding Me (Bloganuary)
- It’s Not A Compile… #JusJoJan (Just Jot It January)
- The End Of January Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Song of the Day: Carol Channing, “Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend” (Song of the Day)
- Facetious: Don’t Be #JusJoJan (Just Jot It January)
- #bloganuary: The Stars At Night Are Big And Bright… (Bloganuary)
- MMMM: Starbuck’s “Rock ‘n’ Roll Rocket” (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Share Your World for 31 Jan 2022 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: Barbara Lewis, “Baby, I’m Yours” (Love Is In Da Blog, Song of the Day)
- BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Days Of Wine And Roses” (Battle of the Bands)
- Top Ten Tuesday: KTNT (1400 AM, Tacoma, WA), 2/1/75 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Song of the Day: Quintette du Hot Club de France, “Georgia On My Mind” (Love Is In Da Blog, Song of the Day)
- I Could’ve Told You That #1LinerWeds (One-Liner Wednesday)
- Maggie Has Questions; I Have Answers (General)
- Song of the Day: Edwin Dale, “In Maytime (I Learned To Love)” (Love Is In Da Blog, Song of the Day)
- Writers’ Workshop: I Fall Down, Go Boom (Writer’s Workshop)
- Song of the Day: Roger Whittaker, “The Last Farewell” (Love Is In Da Blog, Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: Candles (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: Paul Whiteman, “Lover” (Love Is In Da Blog, Song of the Day)
- Communications Technology, 1980’s Style #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- AJ Blythe
- Ally Bean
- Arlee Bird
- Bernard Greenberg
- Cathy Kennedy
- Christine Bolton
- Dan Antion
- Deborah Drucker
- Don Ostertag
- Ed Thierbach
- Jack Connelly
- Kaye Spencer
- Melanie B Cee
- Paula Light
- Sharon E. Cathcart
- Songshine Sounds
- Stephen T. McCarthy
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that’s it for this edition of The Week That Was.