This edition of The Week That Was is brought to you by PowerHouse candy bars. Send for your Captain Video Identity Ring for two wrappers from 5 cent PowerHouse candy bars, or one wrapper from a 10 cent bar, and 10 cents.
The A to Z Challenge is now behind us, unless you plan on doing the road trip, which starts a week from tomorrow. I’ll have the details next week.
Things are getting back to normal here. I have a TV draft entry to finish (you’ll receive it later, Max) and the week to plan for, so be sure and stay tuned. Nothing big planned, but you never know.
Congratulations again to Mattea Roach, who I talked about on Thursday. She unfortunately lost on Friday’s Jeopardy!. I hope my talking about it didn’t jinx her…
I had one of those weeks where it seemed like everything stopped working at once. My left leg, the one I use to climb the stairs, was feeling a little weak, so I had to use my arms a little more to climb, and I think I hyperextended one in the process, so my shoulder was sore. Now, all of a sudden, they’re both doing better. Better, in fact, than before they both hurt. Naproxen sodium (Aleve) is the greatest.
I have a dentist appointment a week from Wednesday. It’ll be the first time I’ve been out of the house since my last dentist appointment in January. Mary tells me I haven’t missed a thing.
So that’s what’s new here. Time for…
- Song Lyric Sunday: Kay Kyser, “A Zoot Suit (For My Sunday Gal)” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Post A to Z Challenge Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Sunday Ramble No. 22 #em-srp (Sunday Ramble)
- BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Solitary Man” (Battle of the Bands)
- Song of the Day: Lesley Gore, “Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: Workin’ (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Mega Share Your World For 2 May 22 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: Mary Hopkin, “Those Were The Days” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: 6PM (990 AM Perth, Western Australia), 5/2/84 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- #atozchallenge Reflections, 2022 Edition (A to Z Challenge)
- Song of the Day: Maynard Ferguson, “Invitation” (Song of the Day)
- I Did Not Think Of That #1LinerWeds (One-Liner Wednesday)
- Song of the Day: Blind Willie McTell, “Statesboro Blues” (Song of the Day)
- #tbtmemory: Discovering Your Musical Taste (Throwback Thursday)
- Writers Workshop: Go, Mattea! (Writer’s Workshop)
- Song of the Day: They Might Be Giants, “Istanbul (not Constantinople)” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: Not In RRHOF, Part 1 (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: Brooklyn Bridge, “Worst That Could Happen” (Song of the Day)
- Heard Around The Bouncy Castle #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- Alana Mautone (@RamblinGarden)
- Ally Bean
- Annalisa Crawford
- Arlee Bird
- Christine Bolton
- Damyanti Biswas
- Dan Antion
- David Webb
- Don Ostertag
- E. M.
- Ed Thierbach
- Jack Connelly
- King Ben’s Grandma
- Mary B
- Mary M
- Melanie B Cee
- Paula Light
- Sharon E. Cathcart
- Stephen T. McCarthy
- Zulu Delta
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that’s it for this edition of The Week That Was.