This edition of The Week That Was is brought to you by your local electric company, who encourages you to live better electrically!
That’s a great commercial, isn’t it?
We in the US consider Memorial Day weekend the first weekend of summer, even though it’s three weeks or more from the Summer Solstice. Weather people consider June 1 (this Wednesday) the meteorological start to summer. We always got out of school for summer on the first Friday of June (Mom didn’t get out until around the solstice). I’m going with the schools here in Georgia and making this the first weekend of summer.
I remember when they moved almost all the Federal holidays to the Monday closest to the day (exceptions were Independence Day and Veterans Day) and the furor it caused in Illinois among the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars, who didn’t want Memorial Day moved from May 30. They wanted the governor to declare that Memorial Day would always and forever be May 30. They lost. This year, we can all be happy.
Nothing else major to report here. I think I need to start taking notes. So, let’s look at
- Song Lyric Sunday: “Money (That’s What I Want)” and “Silver And Gold” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Last Full Week Of May That Was (The Week That Was)
- E. M.’s Sunday Ramble No. 24, “Childhood Memories” (Sunday Ramble)
- BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Statesboro Blues” Results (Battle of the Bands)
- Song of the Day: Artie Shaw, “Begin The Beguine” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: Not In RRHOF, Part 5 (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Share Your World For 23 May 2022 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: The Standells, “Dirty Water” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: WIXO (98.5 FM, New Orleans, LA), 5/25/73 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Simply 6 Minutes: At A Loss For Words (Simply Six Minutes)
- Song of the Day: Jackie DeShannon, “What The World Needs Now Is Love” (Song of the Day)
- The Story Of My Life #1LinerWeds (One-Liner Wednesday)
- Song of the Day: Peggy Lee, “Is That All There Is?” (Song of the Day)
- Writers Workshop: Flat As The Brim Of Your Hat (Writer’s Workshop)
- Throwback Thursday No. 40: Birthday Blasts #TBTmemory (Throwback Thursday)
- Song of the Day: Bud Shank and Laurindo Almeida, “Speak Low” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: RRHOF Omissions, Part 6 (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: T-Bone Walker, “Stormy Monday Blues” (Song of the Day)
- Trials and Trails #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- From Apartment Therapy: The Lakefront Trail #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- AJ Blythe
- Ally Bean
- Arlee Bird
- Dan Antion
- Don Ostertag
- E.M. Kingston
- Jack Connelly
- Mary M
- Melanie B Cee
- Mike G
- Paula Light
- Stine Writing and Miniatures
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that’s it for this edition of The Week That Was.
8 thoughts on “The First Week of Summer That Was”
The video is private. Maybe I need a VPN too? Cheers to summertime. June 1 is a momentous day in the insurance biz. The start of what we hope is an uneventful CAT season.
Something tells me that they made the video private after I had used it. I saw it when I was putting the post together.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yep, they made it private. 🤬
I’m glad to know it’s not UIS = user in seat 😂
LikeLiked by 1 person
I couldn’t see the commercial..oh well. Our start of summer was last weekend. We celebrate Victoria day which , I bet, most people don’t even know who she is..was. We often call it May 2/4 weekend.
You need a VPN to make it look like you’re in the US! 😉 I’m assuming the Victoria is Queen Victoria and not, say, Victoria Pearson, second cousin three times removed of Lester, after whom the airport is named…
Yep, they made it private on me.
Comments are closed.