WDRC-AM in Hartford, Connecticut is now "The Talk Of Connecticut," but from the late ’50’s to 1980 they were a Top 40 station, in competition with WPOP (1410 AM) until WPOP switched to news and talk. Here is their survey from June 2, 1963.
- The Roller Coasters, “Spanish Twist”
- The Dovells, “You Can’t Sit Down”
- Ray Charles, “Take These Chains From My Heart”
- Little Peggy March, “I Will Follow Him”
- Al Martino, “I Love You Because”
- The Crystals, “Da Doo Ron Ron”
- Bill Anderson, “Still”
- The Olympics, “Th Bounce”
- Kyu Sakamoto, “Sukiyaki”
- Lesley Gore, “It’s My Party”
And that’s Top Ten Tuesday for May 31, 2022.
7 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: WDRC (1360 AM, Hartford, CT), 6/2/63”
It was the summer before I started 7th grade. I remember all of these tunes.
Tossing It Out
I remembered a lot of them, even though I hadn’t started listening to the radio yet.
I just love tha Japanese song. I don’t knowvthe first one nor the guy who talks inhis dong but the rest I do. This all xame out a year before I was born
I didn’t start listening to the radio until later in ’63, so a couple of these are new to me.
I’m familiar with some of these but never heard the “Spanish Twist”.
That was a new one on me, too…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.