This edition of The Week That Was is brought to you by your local Coca-Cola bottler, who reminds you there’s nothing like a Coke!
I know I do Coke commercials a lot, but there are so many good ones, and, besides, I’m promoting local business…
Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers, grandfathers, stepfathers, foster fathers, great-grandfathers, father figures, mothers who act as fathers, etc. I lost my stepfather 30 years ago on Father’s Day, so it’s time for my annual nag:
WEAR SUNSCREEN! Melanoma is nothing to laugh at.
This is coming to you late, because I still haven’t worked out the issue with WordPress on my other computer. I hope to get it working this week.
Saw the doctor this week for my annual checkup. It went well. That’s out of the way until next year now. That’s only the third time I’ve ventured out of the house this year.
It’s been really hot and humid here and we’re in for another week of it. The other night was the first time this year that a nasty thunderstorm blew up in the late afternoon, forcing TV stations to go into "oh boy, we get to show off our weather toys!" mode and the Emergency Alert System to go off every ten minutes. It’s kind of fun, actually…
You have just another couple of days to vote in my latest Battle of the Bands, which features Lena Horne and Diana Ross singing Kermit the Frog’s song "Being Green." I’ll announce the winner on Wednesday after 12:00 PM Eastern time. The link is below.
It’s time for…
- Song Lyric Sunday: Lou Christie, “Rhapsody In The Rain” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Trinity Sunday Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Song of the Day: Si Zentner & His Orchestra, “Up A Lazy River” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: June! (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Share Your World for 6/13/2022 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: Burl Ives, “Call Me Mr. In-Between” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: KPHO (910 AM, Phoenix AZ), 6/15/59 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Simply 6 Minutes: Snow! (Simply Six Minutes)
- Song of the Day: David Rose & His Orchestra, “Holiday For Strings” (Song of the Day)
- An Interesting Thought #1LinerWeds (One-Liner Wednesday)
- BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Bein’ Green” (Battle of the Bands)
- Song of the Day: Gino Vannelli, “I Just Wanna Stop” (Song of the Day)
- Writer’s Workshop: Give Me A Second To Change (Writer’s Workshop)
- Throwback Thursday 43: Sensory Memories #TBTMemory (Throwback Thursday)
- Song of the Day: Stringbean, “It’s Mighty Dark To Travel” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: RRHOF Omissions, Part 10 (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: Frank Sinatra and Eddie Hodges, “High Hopes” (Song of the Day)
- Sent From Heaven Above #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- Alana Mautone
- Ally Bean
- Arlee Bird
- Dan Antion
- David Webb
- Debbie Gravett
- Diedre Knight
- Ed Thierbach
- Jack Connelly
- Melanie B Cee
- Miriam Hurdle
- Paula Light
- Stephen T. McCarthy
- Stine Writing and Miniatures
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that’s it for this edition of The Week That Was. Happy Father’s Day!
3 thoughts on “The Father’s Day 2022 Week That Was”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.