This edition of The Week That Was is brought to you by Alka-Seltzer. Speedy relief, you bet!
Anyone who’s read Julia Cameron’s book The Artist’s Way knows that one of the first things she tells you to do is to do "morning pages," three pages of handwritten stream-of-consciousness writing that’s to be done first thing in the morning, before you do anything else. I did them for a while, and as usual got out of the habit of doing them.
A few days ago, I read an article called "Night Pages Instead Of Morning Pages", in which the author, Penny Zang, suggests writing your three pages of longhand at night, before you go to bed. She says that, since she’s been doing things that way, she sleeps better at night. I decided to try it for a while and see what it does for me, and so far, so good. In my case, I want to use it as a way to recap my day and write down any deep thoughts, because you know me, brain like sieve…
Our friend J, the captain of the group that brings you the A to Z Challenge every year, wanted me to mention something to see if you’re interested…
Over at Operation Awesome, our Pass or Pages query contest opens Monday with July’s family saga genre. Know any writers who might want to enter?
If you’re interested, the details are here. Ask J if you need to know more.
And that’s all for now, so let’s move on to …
- Song Lyric Sunday: The Box Tops, “Cry Like A Baby” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Last Week of June 2022 Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Song of the Day: The Surfaris, “Wipe Out” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: Ten From 1990 (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Share Your World for June 27, 2022 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: David “Honeyboy” Edwards, “Catfish Blues” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: KKBQ (92.9 FM, Houston, TX), 6/28/84 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Song of the Day: Leroy Anderson, “The Typewriter” (Song of the Day)
- Can I Get A Witness? #1LinerWeds (One-Liner Wednesday)
- #FPQ: What Would You Do For A Klondike Bar? (FPQ)
- Song of the Day: Little River Band, “Reminiscing” (Song of the Day)
- Writer’s Workshop: I Forgot… (Writer’s Workshop)
- Throwback Thursday 45: Nighttime Rituals (General)
- Song of the Day: Willie Dixon, “Seventh Son” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: RRHOF Omissions, Part 13 (Five For Friday)
- BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Bein’ Green” (Men’s Division) (Battle of the Bands)
- Song of the Day: Marvin Rainwater, “Gonna Find Me A Bluebird” (Song of the Day)
- Ramblin’ And Gamblin’ #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- Arlee Bird
- Dan Antion
- Don Ostertag
- Jack Connelly
- Melanie B Cee
- Moe Taylor
- Paula Light
- Stephen T. McCarthy
- Anybody I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that wraps it up for this edition of The Week That Was. Happy Independence Day!