My first venture into a weekly music-based post was Two For Tuesday, where I would feature an artist and two of their songs. The first 2FT post was on June 26, 2012, and the first band I featured was The Monkees. I’ve since switched things around, with Tuesday’s feature now Top Ten Tuesday and Friday’s feature Five For Friday, which was intended to replace Two For Tuesday…
Yeah, blah blah blah, John. In a belated tenth anniversary post, here, once again, are The Monkees, with some of my favorite songs of theirs. I listed the names of the songwriters this time, because I thought that was something you’d want to know…
- Last Train To Clarksville (Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart)
- Your Auntie Grizelda (Diane Hildebrand and Jack Keller)
- Randy Scouse Git (Micky Dolenz)
- Mary, Mary (Michael Nesmith)
- Pleasant Valley Sunday (Gerry Goffin & Carole King)
And that’s Five For Friday for July 8, 2022.