This edition of The Week That Was is sponsored by Crest toothpaste with fluoristan. Cuts cavities in half!
Programming Note: I decided at the last minute not to have a Battle of the Bands this round. Sorry, BotB fans. It will be back on Monday, August 1, so be there or be square.
I’ve agreed to do some writing for Songshine Sounds, and hope to get something out there this week. As if I don’t blog enough as it is, right?
It’s been hot and humid the last couple of weeks, so I don’t feel bad about not getting out of the house. According to The Old Farmer’s Almanac, the "dog days" of summer start July 3 and end August 11, corresponding to the rising of Sirius, the Dog Star. Sirius has nothing to do with the hot weather, it just sort of happens that way.
Speaking of Sirius, I started a three month free trial of Sirius/XM a couple of weeks ago. Personally, I’m a bit underwhelmed: I’m no fan of Howard Stern, and they seem to have a pretty narrow playlist on their stations. On the other hand, I signed up for Deezer, and while it’s pretty much the same as Spotify, they give a 25% discount for signing up for an annual subscription, and I like their sound quality a little better. The one place where Spotify might have them beat is with podcasts.
That’s what’s happening here. Time for…
- Song Lyric Sunday: “How Do You Do It?” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Slightly-Delayed Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Song of the Day: Tab Hunter, “Young Love” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: Happy 30th Birthday, Robin’s Daughter! (General, Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Share Your World for July 11, 2022 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner, “Shall We Dance?” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: WKBO (1230 AM Harrisburg PA), 7/9/79 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Truthful Tuesday for 7/12/22: It’s Just Business (Truthful Tuesday)
- Simply 6 Minutes: The First Thing That Came To Mind (Simply Six Minutes)
- Song of the Day: The Byrds, “Mr. Tambourine Man” (Song of the Day)
- Trust The “Experts”? #1LinerWeds (One-Liner Wednesday)
- #FPQ 173: Home Sweet (New) Home (FPQ)
- Song of the Day: “La Marseillaise” (Song of the Day)
- Writers Workshop: The Great Indoors (Writer’s Workshop)
- Throwback Thursday 47: Hanging Out #TBTMemory (Throwback Thursday)
- Song of the Day: Fred Astaire, “The Way You Look Tonight” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: Leonid & Friends (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: Desmond Dekker & The Aces, “Israelites” (Song of the Day)
- All We Are Saying… #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- AJ Blythe
- Annalisa Crawford
- Arlee Bird
- Dan Antion
- Don Ostertag
- Ed Thierbach
- Jack Connelly
- Kaye Spencer
- Marilyn Armstrong
- Mary M
- Melanie B Cee
- Paula Light
- Stine Writing and Miniatures
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that wraps up this edition of The Week That Was.