This edition of The Week That Was is brought to you by Schmidt beer in the big-mouth bottles.
I do believe that’s Mike Farrell demonstrating the product…
Yes, we are deep into the Dog Days of summer here in the Southeast. "Hot and humid with an afternoon thundershower" is the standing forecast until at least September. I don’t have to leave the house until October, and I probably won’t.
You’ll notice there are a couple of additions to the sidebar. One of them is the GIF of the baby elephant in pink Chuck Taylor All-Stars. I’ve named the little guy Stampy, after Bart Simpson’s elephant (remember the episode where these morning radio guys had a call-in contest where they said the winner would win an elephant?) The other are the three round blue icons which will take you to my Telegram, Twitter, and Facebook. If you’re on Telegram, look for "The Sound Of One Hand Typing."
I suppose I should consider posting something extra to my social media accounts other than announements of my blog posts…
Anyway, here is…
- Song Lyric Sunday: Lee Marvin, “Wand’rin’ Star” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Post-Bastille Day Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Song of the Day: Lonnie Mack, “Honky Tonk ’65” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: Happy Birthday, Vince Guaraldi! (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Share Your World For July 18, 2022 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: Buster Benton, “Money Is The Name Of The Game” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: WLBZ (620 AM, Bangor ME), 7/22/78 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Truthful Tuesday: Forgiveness (Truthful Tuesday)
- Simply 6 Minutes: What the… (Simply Six Minutes)
- Song of the Day: Classics IV, “Every Day With You, Girl (Song of the Day)
- And What Can Your Dog Do? #1LinerWeds (One-Liner Wednesday)
- #FPQ 174: Blah, Blah, Blah (FPQ)
- Song of the Day: Henry Mancini, “The Pink Panther Theme” (Song of the Day)
- Writers Workshop: My Superpower! (Writer’s Workshop)
- #TBTMemory 48: Then And Now (Throwback Thursday)
- Song of the Day: Bobby Sherman, “Little Woman” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: Yemi Alade (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: Tony Joe White, “A Rainy Night In Georgia” (Song of the Day)
- We Are Writing #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- Christine Bolton
- Dan Antion
- Don Ostertag
- Kaye Spencer
- Lakshmi Bhat
- Melanie B Cee
- Paula Light
- Rain Frances
- Richmond Road
- Sharon E. Cathcart
- Stine Writing and Miniatures
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that’s it for this edition of The Week That Was.
10 thoughts on “The Dog Days Week That Was”
Both Mike Farrell and Schmidt Beer came from St. Paul, MN
I never tasted the pre-Heilemann Schmidt beer, but have had plenty of the post…
I love Stampy and I think Hatari theme song needs to be included somehow:)). Yup that is Mike Farrell for sure.
I don’t know how to embed the sound, but I’ll figure something out…
Yay for Stampy the elephant 🐘 🤣
You like that? I’ve watched The Simpsons only a few times, but that was an episode I saw…
We have watched off and on over the years, they all kind of merge together
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are an excellent blogger and really fun. I’m sure you have lots of followers. I imagine it’s hot down there!
Believe it or not, I have fewer than a thousand followers. Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Comments are closed.