All Wikipedia tells us about WLLL in Lynchburg, Virginia is that it’s cuurently a Black Gospel station. They were doing Top 40 music in 1973, though, so here’s their Top Ten from July 28 of that year. Note that there are two "double A side" singles; rather than adding them to the list, I linked to them, if you want to listen to them.
- Chicago, “Feelin’ Stronger Every Day”
- Carole King, “Believe In Humanity” (double A side with “You Light Up My Life)
- Stories, “Brother Louie”
- Manu Dibango, “Soul Makossa”
- Deep Purple, “Smoke Om The Water”
- Tower of Power, “So Very Hard To Go”
- Diana Ross, “Touch Me In The Morning”
- Stealer’s Wheel, “Everyone’s Agreed That Everything Will Turn Out Fine”
- Faces, “Ooh La La” (double A side with “Borstal Boys”)
- Paul McCartney and Wings, “Live And Let Die”
And that’s Top Ten Tuesday for July 26, 2022.
5 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: WLLL (930 AM, Lynchburg VA), 7/28/73”
There are some surprises in here, John, but some great tunes.
Glad you liked them!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Always loved that Wings sing plus Chicago and the Deep Purple song. Great tunes
Glad you like them! I remember all of them well…
Comments are closed.