Our tour of radio stations takes us to The Land of Enchantment, New Mexico USA, and to KYVA 1230 AM in Gallup. They’re now broadcasting an oldies format after years as a Top 40 station, as well as being a station on the Los Angeles Dodgers Radio Network. Their sister station, KYVA-FM 103.7 FM in Church Rock, New Mexico (a suburb of Gallup) plays classic hits, which I think is about the same thing… Anyway, here’s their Top Ten from August 1, 1964.
- Nino Tempo and April Stevens, “I Surrender Dear”
- Dave Clark 5, “Can’t You See That She’s Mine”
- Jack Jones, “The First Night Of The Full Moon”
- The Beach Boys, “I Get Around”
- Millie Small, “My Boy Lollipop”
- The Four Seasons, “Rag Doll”
- Al Hirt, “Sugar Lips”
- Johnny Cash, “The Ballad Of Ira Hayes”
- Skip Arne and The Dukes, “Sunshine and Rain”
- The Beatles, “A Hard Day’s Night”
After yesterday’s debacle where one of the songs on my list had to be played on the YouTube website, I’ve tested all of these and they all appear to play (I also ran them under my VPN for the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia), but in case they don’t, this link will take you to the playlist itself. If that doesn’t play, well, there’s not much I can do. I’d be interested to know how many of you use Spotify. If there’s enough interest, I may start building my playlists there as well.
That’s Top Ten Tuesday for August 9, 2022.