It’s a new month, it’s a new season, it’s a new guest conductor on Monday’s Music Moves Me! And your new conductor is none other than me!
Happy Labor Day (or Labour Day, depending on where you live). Traditionally, the first day of school was Wednesday after Labor Day, though more and more schools are opting to start well in advance of the holiday. I thought it would be good to take our annual trip into the world of back-to-school music. I’ve got sixteen (16) songs in the playlist, most of which are pretty closely tied to back-to-school. Some of the others have videos set in school, and still others are there because this list told me it was okay to add them. What. Ever. This playlist should work as embedded, but if you have to go to YouTube to play any of these, it’s right here.
- Chuck Berry, “School Day (Ring! Ring! Goes The Bell)”
- Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Buddy Guy, “Wee Wee Baby”
- Junior Wells with Buddy Guy, “Good Morning Little Schoolgirl”
- The Coasters, “Charlie Brown”
- Rod Stewart, “Maggie May”
- Otis Rush, “Homework”
- Brownsville Station, “Smokin’ In The Boy’s Room”
- The Ramones, “Rock & Roll High School”
- Britney Spears, “…Baby One More Time”
- The Kinks, “Education”
- The Three Stooges, “Swingin’ The Alphabet””
- Adele, “When We Were Young”
- Mariah Carey, “Someday”
- The Arbors, “Graduation Day”
- The Runaways, “School Days”
- Peter Lawford and June Allyson, “The French Lesson”
At this point, I should embed the Linky that allows you to add your name to the list of people who are participating in MMMM. Alas, WordPress won’t allow me to do that, so clicking this link should get you there. The Linky can be seen on the pages of Cathy, Stacy, and Alana, whose links are all in the footer.
One final note: I have a Battle of the Bands raging over here, and anyone who wants to stop in there and cast a ballot for one of the contestants is most welcome to do so, and I would be most grateful.
Anyway, that’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for September 5, 2022.