This edition of The Week That Was is brought to you by Cool Whip nondairy whipped topping. Tonight, why not have a little pie with your Cool Whip?
Yes, I know, Cool Whip is one or two ingredients from being plastic. I don’t care.
Rosh Hashanah starts tonight at sundown. L’Shana tova to all of you who celebrate it!
A couple of health-related updates: Kat, who runs Mama Kat’s Pretty Much World-Famous Writer’s Workshop, didn’t provide a prompt this week because she and her husband Pat both came down with the Covid. Please send prayers and/or good vibes for their quick recovery. On the other hand, Melanie from Sparks From A Combustible Mind, who had been ill for a while, has now more or less recovered and will be back with the Share Your World and Truthful Tuesday prompts this week. Welcome back!
I had all kinds of trouble sleeping earlier this week. I’d go to bed and be awake until 4 AM. Fortunately, I’ve worked my way through that, I hope. I’ve used melatonin in the past and gotten some help from it, so maybe I’ll pick some up for those odd nights. When I took my trip to Australia about 25 years ago, I immediately went to an herb shop looking for it, because I knew I’d have jet lag out the wazoo, but discovered that they didn’t sell it Down Under. I don’t know if that’s changed or what…
So that’s what’s going on here. Let’s move on to
- Song Lyric Sunday: Little River Band, “Reminiscing” and INXS, “Need You Tonight” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Officially-Autumn Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Song of the Day: Carpenters, “Rainy Days And Mondays” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: The Best To You Each Morning! (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Song of the Day: John Dankworth, “Mark I” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: KOWB (1340 AM, Laramie, WY), 9/24/55 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Share Your World For 19 (20) Sept 2022 (Share Your World)
- Truthful Tuesday: Tradition! (Truthful Tuesday)
- Song of the Day: Swing Out Sister, “Am I The Same Girl?” (Song of the Day)
- Won’t THEY Be Surprised! #1LinerWeds (One-Liner Wednesday)
- #FPQ 183: “Diversity Casting” (FPQ)
- Thursday Wrap (Battle of the Bands, Throwback Thursday, Writer’s Workshop)
- Song of the Day: John Coltrane, “Giant Steps” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: Gerry Goffin & Carole King (Songwriting Teams) (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: Gerry & The Pacemakers, “Ferry Cross The Mersey” (Song of the Day)
- Be It Ever So Humble… #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- AJ Blythe
- Ally Bean
- Arlee Bird
- Christine Bolton
- Dan Antion
- Gemit 2000
- Jack Connelly
- Lady A
- Mary B
- Paula Light
- Zulu Delta
- Anyoine I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that wraps up this edition of The Week That Was.
3 thoughts on “The High Holy Week That Was”
Melatonin does work well. I use it once in a while and sometimes I take a Benadryl to knock myself out. 🙂
I can’t take Benadryl because of my blood pressure, but Mary takes Claritin and it has the same effect on her.
Comments are closed.