This edition of The Week That Was is brought to you by Speedway 79 gasoline. Treat your car to some power fuel!
I actually got out of the house this week! Had a good checkup on Wednesday, my teeth are now clean and fluoride-protected. Of course, I managed to swallow a little bit of the baking soda they spray on my teeth to polish them, then I swallowed a little bit of the fluoride treatment as I was swishing it around in my mouth, which set my stomach off. And it’s been one gastrointetinal adventure after another. But, anyway, I don’t have to go back until March, so that’s a relief.
I found a new YouTube channel, JimmyP’s Trax and Grooves. He posts airchecks (off the air recordings) from radio stations around the country, some from back in the ’60’s, of which he has a few from WLS and WCFL, which I grew up listening to. I’m pretty excited to have found the channel.
A quiet week otherwise, so it’s time for
- Song of the Day: Blues Project, “Fly Away” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Mid-October Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Song of the Day: The Singing Nun, “Dominique” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: Eh, Cumpari! (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Share Your World – 17 Oct 2022 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: Laura Nyro, “And When I Die” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: WLLL (930 AM Lynchburg VA), 10/20/73 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Song of the Day: Jeannie C. Riley, “Harper Valley PTA” (Song of the Day)
- From “Jonathan Wrote This” #1LinerWeds (One-Liner Wednesday)
- Song of the Day: Wanda Jackson, “Let’s Have A Party” (Song of the Day)
- Writer’s Workshop: Strike A Pose! (Writer’s Workshop)
- #TBTMemory 60: Hello/Goodbye (General)
- Song of the Day: Doctor Ross, Cat Squirrel” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: Dory Previn, “(Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls” (Song of the Day)
- Can You Spare A Strike? #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- Ally Bean
- Annalisa Crawford
- Arlee Bird
- Christine Bolton
- Dan Antion
- Don Ostertag
- Jack Connelly
- Paula Light
- Sharon E. Cathcart
- Shilpa Gupte
- Susan St.Pierre
- The Sicilian Storyteller
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that’s a wrap on this week’s edition of The Week That Was.
6 thoughts on “The Pre-Halloween Week That Was”
Glad the dentist is done with snd I, too, have swallowed that crap but I didn’t have any issues like you fid. That sucks. I will check out this YouTube channel.
I think it was the combination of the fluoride and the baking soda that I swallowed (which made me retch there at the office) that turned my stomach.
Jimmy has a few airchecks from Canadian stations as well that you might want to check into.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi John – so glad you had time out … even if some of it distinctly hit the wrong note in your system – but you have clean teeth and no need to return til the Spring … take care in the week ahead – cheers Hilary
Thanks! You too!
LikeLiked by 1 person