This edition of The Week That Was is sponsored by Renault, makers of the Dauphine. The car made in France to make driving fun again!
November 1 is Tuesday. Can you believe it? Time sure flies when you’re having fun…
Everybody likes him so well, thought I’d make a reusable block for him.
If you’re in the US and Canada, be advised that Daylight Saving Time ends next Sunday, November 6, at 2 AM. Most people just set their clocks back one hour before they go to bed. The clocks in my house adjust themselves automatically, so I’m already ahead of the game. I saw a meme that said "getting an extra hour in 2022 is like getting a bonus track on a Yoko Ono album."
Gott sei Dank, we’re almost done with the election on November 8, meaning we’re close to not seeing any more campaign ads that a couple of billion dollars have purchased, most of which are a variation on "don’t vote for X, he’s an @$$hole. Vote for Y, he’s not an @$$hole." Here in Georgia, for a candidate to win an election outright, he must receive at least 50% of the vote. If not (which usually happens because some @$$hole pulls a Ross Perot and runs as a Libertarian or a Green), we’re subjected to another month of campaign ads for the two people who got the most votes in the general election. Personally, I think elections are a waste of time: I say we have a competition like the Hunger Games or Thunderdome.
And with that, let’s move on to
- Song Lyric Sunday: Muddy Waters, “Got My Mojo Workin’” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Pre-Halloween Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Song of the Day: Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee, “Hootin’ The Blues” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: Ash Soular, “The Remnant” (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Share Your World for 24 Oct ’22 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: Bing Crosby, “Brother, Can You Spare A Dime?” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: WJOY (1230 AM, Burlington VT), 10/26/57 (General)
- Truthful Tuesday: A Do-Over? (Truthful Tuesday)
- Song of the Day: Mahalia Jackson, “My Lord And I” (Song of the Day)
- #1LinerWeds From Sarah A. Hoyt (One-Liner Wednesday)
- #FPQ 187: Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind? (FPQ)
- Song of the Day: Floyd Cramer, “Last Date” (Song of the Day)
- Writer’s Workshop: Another Bizarre Childhood Fear (Writer’s Workshop)
- #TBTMemory 61: Trick Or Treat! (Throwback Thursday)
- Song of the Day: Hank Marvin, “Apache” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: RIP Jerry Lee Lewis (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: Neal Hefti, His Orchestra and Chorus, “Batman Theme” (Song of the Day)
- Pink Elements #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- Ally Bean
- Angel’s Whisper
- Annalisa Crawford
- Arlee Bird
- Dan Antion
- Debbie D.
- Deborah Drucker
- Don Ostertag
- Sharon E. Cathcart
- Susan St.Pierre
- The Sicilian Storyteller
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that wraps up this edition of The Week That Was.