Felice and Boudleaux Bryant were a songwriting team that wrote a lot of songs that were done by The Everly Brothers, but their songs were done by singers as diverse as Little Jimmy Dickens, Tony Bennett, and the Scottish rock band Nazareth (they covered "Love Hurts," which had originally been done by the Everlys). They wrote the songs I’ve chosen for today together, but they wrote songs separately (primarily Boudleaux) and with other collaborators such as Chet Atkins, Floyd Cramer, and Mark Webb.
I used the track listing from the album The Hit Songs of Felice & Boudleaux Bryant: 1949-1962 to choose the songs. Unfortunately, the album doesn’t seem to be available on any of the streaming services, but the listing on Allmusic is a good place to start. Here are six songs by them, "Rocky Top" added at the last minute.
- Little Jimmy Dickens, "Country Boy"
- Tony Bennett, "Have A Good Time"
- The Everly Brothers, "All I Have To Do Is Dream"
- Buddy Holly, "Raining In My Heart"
- Kitty Wells, "I’d Rather Stay Home"
- Felice and Boudleaux Bryant, "Rocky Top"
Felice and Boudleaux Bryant, your Five For Friday, November 4, 2022.