This edition of The Week That Was is brought to you by Mattel, manufacturers of the Thingmaker with Creepy Crawlers. You can tell it’s Mattel: it’s swell!
Or, as we used to say, "you can tell it’s Mattel, it smells!"
Seems like a real busy week: I participated in several new blog hops, mostly because I was bored. Had a great time, and I thank all the hosts of the blog hops for not raising a fuss when I did.
We have an ongoing Battle of the Bands this week, Nat King Cole versus Bing Crosby testing their chops on George and Ira Gershwin’s "Embraceable You." If you haven’t voted and would like to, hop on over and share your opinion. It’s a good, tight battle, so every vote counts. And that’s all I’ll say about that.
Not much else to report, so let’s move on to
- Song Lyric Sunday: Billie Holiday, “Embraceable You” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Halloween Eve Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Song of the Day: Anita Kerr Singers, “The Fool On The Hill” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: Trick Or Treat! (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Share Your World For Halloween 2022 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: Sippie Wallace, “Women Be Wise” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: KMUR (1230 AM, Salt Lake City, UT), 10/24/60 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “Embraceable You” (Battle of the Bands)
- Truthful Tuesday: Time Flies When You’re Having Fun (Truthful Tuesday)
- Song of the Day: Phil Woods, “Stolen Moments” (Song of the Day)
- #1LinerWeds: Wilder’s Law (One-Liner Wednesday)
- #FPQ 188: All-Time Favorites (FPQ)
- Simply Six Minutes: My Guardian Dear (Simply Six Minutes)
- Song of the Day: John Barry, “Midnight Cowboy” (Song of the Day)
- Writer’s Workshop: TANSTAAFL (Writer’s Workshop)
- #TBTMemory 62: Champagne and Reefer (Throwback Thursday)
- Song of the Day: Tommy Makem, “The Cobbler” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: Felice and Boudleaux Bryant (Songwriting Teams) (Five For Friday)
- Fandango’s Flashback Friday: Shortcuts and More Shortcuts (Flashback Friday)
- Song of the Day: Myron Floren, “Clarinet Polka” (Song of the Day)
- Anyway… #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- Ally Bean
- Arlee Bird
- Christine Bolton
- Dan Antion
- Debbie D.
- Don Ostertag
- Jack Connelly
- Mary B
- Paula Light
- The Sicilian Storyteller
- Stephen T. McCarthy
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that’s it for this edition of The Week That Was.
6 thoughts on “The Post-Halloween Week That Was”
So many ads that were more fun than they are now.
They generally had a full 60 seconds for the ads, and they were a little more artistic and humorous.
love vintage commercials (from my childhood ))
I have more fun with the commerciaqls than anything. A lot of them had escaped to the corners of my mind, so seeing them again is a real hoot.
LikeLiked by 1 person