You know, we just did a playlist on “thankful,” and “thankful” and “grateful” are just about the same thing…. Two years ago, I did an acrostic on the phrase “I’m Grateful,” and I was going to just rerun that one and call it a day, but then I thought that I should really come up with a fresh one.
One of my favorite YouTube channels is the one run by The45Prof. He must have one of the most extensive collections of 45 rpm records in the known universe, and he really puts a lot of work into putting them all into playlists. He will take all the hits from a given year and builds several playlists, one chronological, one alphabetized by song title, and one alphabetized by artist. I chose 1962 as my year, and…. well, here’s an acrostic on “I’m grateful” using songs from 1962.
- I Was Such A Fool – Connie Francis
- Man Who Shot Liberty Valence, The – Gene Pitney
- Good Luck Charm – Elvis Presley
- Rinky Dink – Dave "Baby" Cortez
- Alley Cat – Bent Fabric
- Things We Did Last Summer, The – Shelley Fabares
- Everybody Loves Me But You – Brenda Lee
- Fortuneteller – Bobby Curtola
- Up On The Roof – The Drifters
- Let Me In – The Sensations
And that’s Monday’s Music Moves Me for November 28, 2022.