This edition of The Week That Was is brought to you by A-1 Steak Sauce. Experiment with it!
I guess they’re not calling it steak sauce now, just sauce.
So next Sunday is Christmas, and the Sunday after that is New Year’s Day. Keep an eye on this week’s posts for any changes to the schedule.
Hasn’t seemed much like Christmas this year. That could be the way I perceive it, because I haven’t been out in 4 to 8 weeks, or maybe it’s because the people across the street haven’t put up their usual Christmas bacchanalia this year. I can’t figure out if it’s because their son isn’t aound to help Dad with it, or if Dad doesn’t want to ring up a huge electric bill. I’ll have to play some Christmas music to get me in the mood.
This is almost my favorite time of the year. My absolute favorite is the week between Christmas and New Year’s, because then you can say “I’ll get to that in the New Year” and really mean it. I used to work for a division of Dun and Bradstreet, and they always gave us that week off, with pay. More companies should do that. Actually, I’m not even sure D&B does it anymore.
Nothing more to add, so let’s move on to…
- Song Lyric Sunday: Cheap Trick, “Surrender” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Gaudete Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- Song of the Day: Connie Francis, “Lipstick On Your Collar” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: The Ten Song Challenge, Xmas Edition (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- Share Your World for 12/12/22 (Share Your World)
- Song of the Day: Dick Van Dyke, “Chim Chim Cher-ee” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: WPPA (1360 AM, Pottsville PA), 12/11/75 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- Truthful Tuesday: On The Move (Truthful Tuesday)
- Song of the Day: Charlie Rich, “The Most Beautiful Girl In The World” (Song of the Day)
- A Very Long Dad Joke #1LinerWeds (One-Liner Wednesday)
- #FPQ CXCIV: Toothbrushes! (FPQ)
- Song of the Day: Jerry Wallace, “Primrose Lane” (Song of the Day)
- Writer’s Workshop: Christmas Memories (Writer’s Workshop)
- Song of the Day: Sugar Blue, “Miss You” (Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: Jeff Barry & Ellie Greenwich (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: Paul Butterfield’s Better Days, “Too Many Drivers” (Song of the Day)
- Anyway…. #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- a gray
- AJ Blythe
- Annalisa Crawford
- Dan Antion
- Don Ostertag
- Ed Thierbach
- John W. Howell
- Mary M
- Mike G
- Paula Light
- Susan St.Pierre
- The Autistic Composter
- The Sicilian Storyteller
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that wraps up this edition of The Week That Was.