This edition of The Week That Was is brought to you by Old Virginia foods.
If you haven’t had a chance to vote in this week’s Battle of the Bands, it’s a good one: Donny Hathaway and Amy Winehouse face off on Blood Sweat & Tears’ "I Love You More Than You’ll Ever Know." Voting closes on Wednesday.
I have a new computer: a current model Mac Mini. I got it all set up yesterday and it works great. The old one couldn’t run any of the later releases of MacOS and I was starting to have issues with software that wouldn’t upgrade. I took it as a sign. Apple just started making them with the M2 processor, the price was right, and financing was available (pay over a year at 0%), so I figured, who’d be without?
So that’s the news from this end. Time for
- Song Lyric Sunday: Joe Jackson, “Steppin’ Out” (Song Lyric Sunday, Song of the Day)
- The Post-Anniversary Week That Was (The Week That Was)
- #JusJoJan: Exercise (Just Jot It January)
- Song of the Day: The Small Faces, “Itchycoo Park” (Song of the Day)
- MMMM: Sail (Monday’s Music Moves Me)
- #JusJoJan: Canine (Just Jot It January)
- Share Your World for 1/30/23 (Share Your World)
- The Morning Dawdler At Night (Morning Dawdler)
- Song of the Day: Dick Marx Orchestra, “Here Come The Hawks” (Song of the Day)
- Top Ten Tuesday: KBIM (910 AM Roswell NM), 1/24/76 (Top Ten Tuesday)
- #JusJoJan: Write (Just Jot It January)
- Song of the Day: Anita Baker, “Sweet Love” #LoIsInDaBl23 (Love Is In Da Blog, Song of the Day)
- #1LinerWeds from “Bluebird of Bitterness” (One-Liner Wednesday)
- BATTLE OF THE BANDS: “I Love You More Than You’ll Ever Know” (Battle of the Bands)
- Song of the Day: The Floaters, “Float On” #LoIsInDaBl23 (Love Is In Da Blog, Song of the Day)
- Writer’s Workshop: Play vs. Practice (Writer’s Workshop)
- Song of the Day: Sofia Shkidchenko, “Derzhavnyi Himn Ukrainy” #LoIsInDaBl23 (Love Is In Da Blog, Song of the Day)
- Five For Friday: Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II (Five For Friday)
- Song of the Day: Kenny Loggins, “Danny’s Song” #LoIsInDaBl23 (Love Is In Da Blog, Song of the Day)
- Perfectly Imperfect #socs (Stream of Consciousness Saturday)
- AJ Blythe
- Ally Bean
- Arlee Bird
- Dan Antion
- Diedre Knight
- Gypsie-Ami Offenbacher-Ferris
- John W. Howell
- Kaye Spencer
- Mary B
- Paula Light
- Stephen T. McCarthy
- Susan St.Pierre
- The Autistic Composter
- The Sicilian Storyteller
- Under the mask..
- Anyone I missed
- Everyone who left a “like”
And that wraps up this edition of The Week That Was.
8 thoughts on “The New Mini Week That Was”
Congrats on the new ‘puter!
Thanks! I really like it. MacOS Ventura is similar to the older releases, but there are a couple of new features I had to figure on, but that’s part of the fun….
A super week, John. Glad you got a new computer.
LikeLiked by 1 person
You need a good computer if anyone does.
This is my third Mini. I really like it becuse you buy the computer and you supply your own monitor, mouse and keyboard, so you can use what you’re comfortable with. Apple’s monitor was more expensive than the computer, and I never understood why their mouse still only has one button and you have to press a key if you want to “right-click” on something. David Brenner used to say that’s like a glass eye with a frame around it, or a wooden leg with varicose veins…
Well, you are the computer tech guy for sure. So you have to have the right stuff. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person